Updated: Oct 8, 2020
Diwali is not the same anymore. Lots of things have changed over the years as we have grown up. We don't have the same excitement for the things anymore that used to be in our childhood days. Responsibilities hit us so hard that it carried away all the ingredients of real happiness from us left us with all the materialistic achievements which we have put on our shoulders trying to feel proud among ourselves. Diwali was more than a festival for us during our childhood times.From cleaning the house to decorate it, from visiting relatives house to collecting bottles for firing rockets. Now we don't have that level of excitement anymore. Lots of things have changed over the years and Diwali is now a totally different feel for us.
1. Rather than going out on Diwali holiday,we enjoy being with family.
2. Firecrackers don't excite us anymore,we are happy lighiling the diyas and watching others enjoying.
3.Ghar ki safai has turned into a responsibility.
4. From being at home during Diwali to staying away from home on Diwali days due to professional commitments.
5. From celebrating Diwali with parents to just making a call to talk with them on Diwali night.
6. School ki mithai had better taste than the sweets distributed by HR on Diwali.
7. My small town Diwali with my people had better vibes than this metrocity Diwali with known strangers.
8. From going to relative's house on Diwali to sending them gifs over WhatsApp, a lot have changed actually.
9. Being excited about Diwali from a month prior to not knowing the exact day of Diwali, probably we all have grown up.
10. From being with parents to writing this blog being at my office desk on the Diwali night, a lot have been changed actually.